COMMON OPERATIONS ACROSS FIGURES
All figures share a common user interface paradigm. The operations available in most or all figures
are described here.
- Configure. The configure button allows you to select
specific options for each figure, as well as things like colors for different streams and for the
figure foreground and background.
- Zoom All. Zooms out to show the data from the entire
trace in the figure window. This is good for getting an overview, or if you get lost in the data.
- Show/Hide Legend. If the legend is in the way,
click this button to make it disappear.
- Show/Hide Axes. The axes consume screen real
estate and are not always needed. Clicking this button removes the axes so the figure can use the
entire pane for the data representation.
- Show/Hide Bookmarks. Bookmarks (described below) allow
you to correlate times between different figures. If they are in the way, use this button to hide
- Attach to Play Control
Controls whether or not the figure can be played.
When detached, the Synchronize Time button of the figure is disabled.
- Synchronize Time.
Time synchronize all other figures that are currently attached to the
so that they show the same time that the current figure is showing.
Common Mouse Actions
- Pan. Clicking and dragging will allow you to move the figure within the window.
Some figures allow panning in both the x- and y-axes, while others allow only one degree of
- Move legend. The legend can be dragged around in the figure.
- Double-click zoom. Double clicking zooms in by a factor of 2, trying to keep the
event or data under the cursor in the same place in the zoomed in figure. Shift-double click zooms out.
- Alt Double-click zoom. After zooming in/out the current figure, the alt-modifier causes
all other figures to show the same portion of time as shown in the current figure.
- Zoom region. In some figures, clicking and dragging the right button will allow you
to select a specific portion of the figure to which you wish to zoom.
- Select bookmark. If you click on a bookmark, it is selected and all other figures
jump to the same bookmark.